Who this statement applies to
This Statement applies to individuals who use our website, online applications, or services provided by us (we call these our “Services”).
Within our Services, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third-party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
Sources of personal information and why we collect it
The personal information we process is provided to us, often directly by you, for one of the following reasons:
- You have made an information request to us – When you request information from us, such as a whitepaper, survey, or other resource, with your consent we may also capture your personal information for later use in sharing information about our products and services.
- You wish to attend, or have attended, an event – Information we collect about you comes from our direct interactions with you. When you register for an event we may collect information (online or offline) in relation to the event organization, and during an event, such as participation in sessions and survey results.
- You subscribe to our newsletter – regular email communications that we send to clients and other interested parties. These are opt-in only and you must complete our request form in order to opt-in.
- You are representing your organization – In our relationship with clients or prospects, partners and suppliers, they also provide us with business contact information (such as name, business contact details, position or title of their employees, contractors, advisors and authorized users) for purposes such as contract management, fulfillment, delivery of products and services, provision of support, invoicing and management of the services or the relationship.
Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, analyze usage and improve users’ experience. When visiting our websites or using our Services we may provide you with personalized information. See more information regarding cookies and similar technologies below.
The personal information we collect consists of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- Account Credentials, such as passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- Device information, such as information about your device (i.e. IP address, location or provider)
- Usage information and browsing history, such as, information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history and which elements of our Services you use the most
- We ask you for your personal details including name and contact details. We may also ask you about your previous experience, education, referees and for answers to questions relevant if applying for a role within the organization.
- If applying for a role within the organization, you may also be asked to provide equal opportunities information.
- This is not mandatory information – if you don’t provide it, it will not affect your application. This information will not be made available in a way which can identify you. Any information you do provide, will be used only to produce and monitor equal opportunities statistics.
How we use personal information
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- where you give us your consent: we only ask for your consent in relation to specific uses of personal information where we need to and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear that we are asking for consent
- for legitimate interests: in specific situations, and where we have assessed the appropriateness of this lawful basis, we may process data based on legitimate business interests. Details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process personal information in order to fulfil that contract
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator)
You can choose to receive information about our products and services or sign-up for subscriptions. In these instances we request your consent for processing.
Where we reference that we use your personal information in connection with a request, survey, or to provide you with Services that you requested (such as a website), we do this based on your consent or because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
Where we reference that we use your personal information in relation to marketing, improvement or development of our website or services, for reasons of safety and security, or regulatory requirements other than in connection with your agreement or request, we do this on the basis of legitimate interests. We may assess the personal information we collect to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence for conducting our business and for marketing purposes.
You are welcome to contact us for further information on the legal grounds that we rely on in relation to any specific processing of your personal information. Under certain laws you also have the right to object to or modify the way in which your personal data is processed. Details on these rights and how to contact us is included below.
How and with whom we share your data
Regardless of how you interact with Evolytics we do not sell ANY information collected to any third parties.
There may be instances in which we share your information with others. We may share your information as required by law, to comply with legal process, to protect our legal rights, to protect the safety or security of a person, or to protect against fraud, criminal acts, or misconduct. We may also share your information with companies that provide services to us directly.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related functions or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to maintain appropriate protections and not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.evolytics.com we use third party services, Google Analytics, DoubleClick, MailChimp, Adobe Audience Manager, and Adobe Analytics, to collect standard internet log information, details of visitor use patterns, and, in some cases, to more effectively market our products and services through other media platforms and channel. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not uniquiely identify anyone. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
If you would like to opt-out of these 3rd party services, please follow these links:
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Disclosure of personal information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses
Under data protection law, you have rights we need to make you aware of. We will honor your rights under applicable data protection and privacy laws. You have the following rights under United States and European laws and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference center
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interest
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
These rights are not absolute, and they do not always apply in all cases. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better.
Complaints or queries
Evolytics tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Evolytics collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
Access to personal information
Evolytics tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to Evolytics for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing or writing to the address provided below.
Changes to this privacy notice
This policy was last modified on October 18, 2019.