The Data Element Assistant (DEA) provides an easy-to-use interface for these commonly requested manipulations:
- Calculate – add, subtract, multiply or divide two data elements.
- Concatenate – join two or more data elements and, optionally, provide one or more delimiters between those elements.
- Extract – provide an array or a data element that contains an array and then select the position or provide the path to the desired piece of data.
- Sequence – order a collection of data elements to return the first populated value.
DEA gives you the ability to manipulate data collected on your site. With the DEA extension handling the custom code, you are able to deliver the data in the necessary format faster! For example, you can:
- Concatenate multiple pieces of data to create a page name to send in your analytics call. or trigger a specific voice-of-the-consumer survey in a rule condition.
- Extract specific product data from an array to send to Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, or other analytics and marketing tools.
- Multiply units purchased by the base price to pass the total price paid to marketing beacons.
An extraordinary league of analysts
Left to right: Carey Wilkins, Tom Wilkins, Sarah Owen, Joe Gruenbaum, Marc Richard, Jennifer Riddle (well, her cardboard doppleganger since she was OOO), Brandon Martinez, Evan Vermilyea, Brian Johnson, Chase Porter, Cory Lowe, Wayne Kaufmanschmidt, Josh Lehne, Jim Bradley
On Tuesday, the Extension Oscars at Evolytics celebrated the whirlwind of a journey this outstanding crew went through together to create our two Launch extensions. The amount of time, effort, and love that every single team member in this photo gave to the CSI and DEA extensions is unmeasurable – which speaks volumes coming from a girl whose purpose in life is to measure things!
Adobe plans to announce the Extension Idol Winner (Ahem, our extensions!) by March 8, but we won’t make you wait until then to reap the benefits of these new extensions. Both are now available in the Extension Catalog in Launch! You can learn more about the Channel Source Identifier and the Data Element Assistant on the Adobe Exchange as well.
Over the next few weeks, we will dive deeper into all the useful features of the CSI and DEA Launch extensions. As always, feel free to contact us if you’re looking for a partner to build innovative analytic solutions for your company or if you have any questions about these extensions.