Data Visualization Specialist
The Data Visualization Specialist will work directly with client and internal team members to lead and develop reporting strategies, create report/dashboard/scorecard outputs, fine-tune data automation and data visualization strategies, and conduct data analysis designed to optimize digital marketing performance.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for both digital marketing and data, and will enjoy identifying insightful data nuggets to craft a report that tells a story. Characteristics associated with success include: analytical, adaptable, detail-oriented, highly-motivated with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work under minimal supervision and juggle multiple projects.
What You’ll be Doing:
As a Tableau Data Visualization Specialist at Evolytics, you will have the opportunity to work in our award-wining data visualization practice. In fact, you will work alongside the 2013 Tableau Iron Viz Champion, Ryan Sleeper. In this role, you will be involved in the end-to-end creation and explanation of advanced data visualizations, and expected to:
- Work with and manage multiple data sources while integrating advanced data sets into Tableau;
- Strategically designing and building dashboards to address client business questions;
- Conduct data and dashboard quality assurance throughout the design, build and automation process of Tableau-based dashboard reports;
- Deliver actionable insights for improving digital marketing performance, and provide data-driven optimization recommendations;
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and document business goals, reporting requirements and key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Project manage multiple client requests and detailed project activities at any one time to ensure accurate, timely and efficient reporting and analysis deliverables;
- Assist in the promotion and coordination of the Kansas City Tableau User Group;
- Share thought leadership on the Evolytics blog.
Tableau skills, and the passion to develop Tableau knowledge, are critical for this Data Visualization Specialist role. Consideration will be given to qualified candidates with varying levels of experience, with compensation commensurate with experience.
What experience would we like to see?
- Tableau proficiency required; Tableau Desktop Certification a plus;
- Skilled in interpreting business measurement/reporting needs, creating automated reports while integrating data visualization best practices, and translating data analysis into business and marketing optimization recommendations;
- Knowledge of commonly-used digital metrics, analytics concepts and online marketing best practices;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Clear communicator, excellent presentation skills, strong verbal and written skills;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or a degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
Other experience that is helpful, but not required:
- SQL experience, and the ability to maintain customized queries;
- Visual design experience;
- Experience working with clickstream web analytics tools such Adobe Analytics (Omniture SiteCatalyst), Adobe Discover, Google Analytics, or working knowledge of the field of web analytics;
- Knowledge of HTML and web protocols, media buys and media analytics, A/B testing tools;
- An entrepreneurial drive;
- Ability to prioritize workflow to handle multiple priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established timelines;
- Passion to self-educate and keep up-to-date on the latest analytics trends;
- And, the ability to work collaboratively and innovatively with our awesome team.
This role includes the unique opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent that you will find in the Digital Analytics industry worldwide.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
To apply: If you're interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to our HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org