The Data Engineer will work directly with client and internal team members to create report/dashboard/scorecard inputs, cultivate and fine-tune data automation, and conduct data analysis with outcomes that include delivery of actionable insights and business intelligence designed to optimize digital marketing performance of paid/owned/earned campaigns, social media marketing, web sites and mobile apps/sites.
Characteristics associated with success include: analytical, adaptable, detail-oriented, highly-motivated, results-driven, a self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to work under minimal supervision and juggle multiple projects.
What You’ll be Doing:
As a Data Engineer at Evolytics, you will be expected to:
- Develop processes and procedures for ingesting data from disparate sources, including the use of Python, Bash, and SQL scripting;
- Develop and/or maintain database architecture, including fine tuning and optimizing query plans, indices/projections, etc;
- Create and maintain customized SQL queries, develop reporting structures using SQL, develop and build data models for BI analysis;
- Assess client implementation efforts and conduct data QA to determine and document any gaps between the data being collected and what is needed for reporting outputs;
- Project manage multiple client requests and detailed project activities at any one time to ensure accurate, timely and efficient reporting and analysis deliverables;
- Share thought leadership on the Evolytics blog.
SQL skills are critical for this Data Engineer role. Consideration will be given to qualified candidates with varying levels of experience, with compensation commensurate with experience.
What experience would we like to see?
- Experience in database development languages (T-SQL, PLSQL, SQL);
- Experience with various database systems (MySQL, Vertica, Oracle, Netezza, etc);
- Experience developing/implementing ETL processes and data pipelines;
- Knowledge of BI methodologies and functions; experience with relational databases;
- Knowledge of data modeling tools; experience building cubes, SDLC and SQL Server reporting services is all a plus;
- Knowledge of Big Data solutions (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc);
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Marketing or a related discipline.
Other experience that is helpful, but not required:
- Experience working with clickstream web analytics tools such Adobe Analytics (Omniture SiteCatalyst), Adobe Discover, Google Analytics, or working knowledge of the field of web analytics;
- Knowledge of commonly-used digital metrics, analytics concepts and online marketing channel best practices;
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Tableau;
- Clear communicator; ability to clearly present complex data sets, context and implications to clients;
- An entrepreneurial drive;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly;
- Ability to prioritize workflow to handle multiple priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established timelines;
- Passion to self-educate and keep up-to-date on the latest analytics trends;
- And, the ability to work collaboratively and innovatively with our awesome team.
This role includes the unique opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent that you will find in the Digital Analytics industry worldwide.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
To apply: If you're interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to our HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org